Finding the right place for a special Newport Beach family vacation can be a challenge if you wait too long! The best thing to do is to reserve the place you like well in advance. Many families reserve a year in advance as they choose to come back every year. With our own place we have some families who have been returning every year since it was built in 1989. Usually they will just tell us while they are renting that they want the same week the following year.
You will generally pay for the following services and taxes:
1. Rental price per week – This will vary depending on proximity to the beach, size of the unit, number of garage spaces (parking is valuable in Newport Beach) condition of the unit and time of the year.
2. Security Deposit – This will also vary based on price of the rental, but will probably be in the neighborhood of $500 per unit. This is of course refundable if there is no damage to the unit.
3. Newport Beach Short Term Rental Tax – Currently at 10% of the rent.
4. Cleaning fee – Most landlords charge a separate fee for the cleaning the unit after you have vacated.
5. Provision of linens fee – most rentals do not provide linens, but if you are traveling from out of state, this can be arranged. Just ask the landlord or call one of the local services that are available for a fee.